Summer is coming! And you know what that means? The sun will be shining and nobody will want to be at work. There are plenty things you can do to help you employees feel more excited to come to work instead of wishing play in the sun. Below is a list of things you can do to make the office more fun for your employees in the summer:
- Host an open house. Bring in the employees’ families to let them find out where their loved ones spend their time and see how the office runs. Since your employees’ families are part of their support team, it’s important to include them in the festivities.
- Take a field trip. Again, invite the family. Take the team for an easy hike or a family trip to the zoo. Or host a happy hour after work.
- Serve treats. You can lighten up a Friday afternoon with an ice cream bar or other treat. Alternatively, you can take a poll of each employee’s favorite food and host Favorite Food Friday by alternating employee picks.
- Aloha Friday? Tacky shirt day? Let people dress up for fun theme days. You can even turn it into a contest and offer a small prize to encourage people to participate.
- Host a give-back event. Give your employees the opportunity to serve their community. Plan an outdoor event such as a park cleanup so you employees can enjoy the sunshine while getting out of the office.
- Plan fishbowl Fridays. Put each employee’s name in a fishbowl, and each Friday, draw one name out. The name drawn gets to leave one hour early! Repeat this weekly until everyone has had a turn.
How do you treat your employees in the summer? Share your ideas for summer events in the comments below.