No one likes to hear a negative comment about themselves; it is even worse to hear something bad about the business you have sunk your blood, sweat and tears into. But refusing to accept criticism is one of the worst things you can do for your clinic. Instead, learn to embrace the opinions of your patients.
Below are the top five reasons why customer feedback is essential to growing your business.
- It helps measure patient satisfaction. Using a survey to rank how satisfied a patient was with a variety of items can help you determine if your clinic is meeting or surpassing their expectations. These surveys can be done in person, send out via email, completed over the phone or even imbedded on your website or mobile app.
- It helps improve your service. Listening to what your patients have to say is the only way to guarantee you are providing the level of service they expect. In today’s competitive world, even health care clinics are competing for customers. If there is a way to make sure you are providing the best care possible, wouldn’t you want to use it?
- It provides actionable information to create a better patient experience. Creating a practice with service so good that patients feel compelled to tell their friends and loved ones about it can help grow your business. Taking the information from patients about what they wish your practice had can help you stay ahead of the other clinics in your area.
- It helps improve patient retention. Customer feedback provides you with a direct line to your patients so you can determine if they are satisfied with their visit. A satisfied customer is one that typically sticks around. If they are unhappy, they will often seek out your competitors to see if they offer the same quality medical care in a better environment. If you listen to your unhappy patients, you are often able to use this information to create a better experience for everyone.
- It provides tangible data. Online surveys provide you with real information that can be used to make better business decisions. If a large number of your patients report that they wish there was an additional service available at your clinic, listen to them!
Who does not want to do better? If your patients are willing to take the time to provide you with feedback from their visit, this is information you should be paying attention to.