Most of us are always trying to attract new patients. But what are you doing to achieve this goal? If you are not utilizing your digital presence you are missing out.
Below are the top ways you can attract users to your website and convert them into long-term (and offline) patients.
Define Your Goals
The first thing you need to do is to determine what the goal of your marketing is. What do you want to have happen? To determine this you can ask yourself these questions:
- Are you looking for more traffic to your site?
- Are you looking to convert site visitors into new appointments?
- Are you looking to increase your reach on social media?
These areas work together to help drive quality leads to your website and as a result, get more patients to visit your practice.
Create a Budget
A marketing campaign costs money. If you are only setting a small portion of your overall budget aside for online campaigns, then you should not be surprised when you get limited (if any) results.
In order to get results, a major portion of your budget should go into your digital ads.
Once you have determined your goals and created a budget, you can get to work on the fun stuff – creating the marketing pieces. Below are the top ways to reach potential patients online.
- Social media. This means you have to determine which platforms you should be on (nothing wrong with picking a few). To do this, you will need to figure out where your patients live and target your efforts there.
- Online advertising. This includes both search engine marketing (SEM) and paid ads on social media. These ads are targeted by keywords so you can better focus your advertising. They produce quick and short-term results.
- Search engine optimization. Known as SEO, this is the process of improving your organic search results over an extended period of time.
- Review and reputation management. Online reviews are important; there is no getting around that. If you do not have a system in place to get and publish reviews, now is the time to start.
- Staying in touch with your patients is important to keep you in the forefront of their minds. Try sending out an e-newsletter or email with helpful, educational and informative information.
These five areas are just the start of your digital marketing efforts. Once you start looking at areas to improve, you will begin learning more and more about how you can easily improve your practice’s digital presence.